Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks – and giving back. For over 19 years the Mayor of Tustin has celebrated the city by giving back through an annual charity event: Tustin Mayor's Thanksgiving Breakfast. Our own Chris Uribe who serves on the Tustin Community Foundation board has worked with Mayor Chuck Puckett for a memorable and motivational event to benefit and entertain all. The Honorable Ron Hoesterey also took part with a message of hope and giving.
For every ticket purchase, proceeds are donated to the Salvation Army Red Kettle.
This fun community event features first class entertainment including a performance by Never Too Late Quartet, an official quartet of the award-winning Harborlites Chorus, music by the Foothill High School Jazz Band, and Zendrea Mitchell’s rendition of the National Anthem.
Those who attended were able to see the awarding of the Tustin Community Foundation's 2015 Community Grants. This year’s recipients included a number of charities and local organizations that will continue to enhance the community with their outreach and activities:
- Assistance League of Tustin Operation School Bell Program
- Beckman High School Autism Program
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County High School Mentoring Program
- Boys & Girls Club of Tustin
- City of Tustin Parks & Recreation Summer Camp Programs for Youth
- First Tee Orange County Golf Fore Life Program
- Giving Children Hope - We've Got your Back Program
- High Hopes Neurological Recovery Group, Inc.
- Laura's House
- Miracles for Kids
- Seneca Family of Agencies - The Kinship Center
- Tustin Area Senior Center Fund
- Tustin Dollars for Scholars
We were honored to have played a role in this community event and annual holiday tradition.
Subscribe to Alex Moving & Storage's Blog