As long-time Orange County movers, the team at Alex Moving & Storage has always been involved with our local communities – but some more than most. We are very proud that our very own Chris Uribe has been nominated for 2016 Tustin Man and Woman of the Year.
Chris has been nominated by the Tustin Community Foundation, a philanthropic non-profit organization supported by community volunteers with the mission of enhancing the lives of those in need by organizing local events including fundraisers and educational opportunities. This organization has been very active in both donating to charitable causes and sponsoring awareness and fundraising events for many years, with Chris serving as Chief Financial Officer, sitting as Chairperson for select annual events and actively participating in many activities sponsored by the Foundation.
From a population of 80,000 residents including many active volunteers, Chris is one of nine candidates nominated based on a strong history of volunteerism in support of community activities ranging from education to the arts for those in need, including at-risk children and veterans. The other nominees include:
- Ivan Bishop nominated for Man of the Year by Tustin American Legion Post 227
- Scott M. Cwiertny nominated for Man of the Year by Tustin Area Council for Fine Arts
- John McGuire nominated for Man of the Year by Cherrill Cady, executive director of the Miss Tustin Scholarship Pageant
- Lindburgh M. McPherson nominated for Man of the Year by Tustin Area Historical Society
- Tony K. Wong nominated for Man of the Year by Tustin Community Foundation
- Laurie Abelove nominated for Woman of the Year by Tustin Public Schools Foundation
- Libby Buckley nominated for Woman of the Year by Tustin Area Woman’s Club and Tustin Area Council for Fine Arts
- Robin Kelley nominated for Woman of the Year by Assistance League of Tustin
Created in 1957 by the late Bill Moses, longstanding Tustin resident, the Tustin Man of the Year and Tustin Woman of the Year distinctions, as well as the annual awards event, have been a staple of local community involvement for generations. This year’s event will be held at 6 p.m. June 10, 2016 at Tustin Ranch Golf Club, 12442 Tustin Ranch Road.
Tickets may still be available for the event. Call 714-504-4099 for additional information on the nominations and to purchase tickets to the event.
Subscribe to Alex Moving & Storage's Blog